Crockpots/slow cookers are amazing. They are such a useful kitchen item because you place everything inside, let it cook all day and come home to a ready-to-eat meal. My friends recently had a taco party and I wanted to contribute something, so I searched through the wonderful world of Pinterest and found this delicious cilantro lime chicken recipe that’s perfect for tacos.
– Two pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
– One packet taco seasoning mix
– One (16 oz) jar salsa (use medium for a little spice)
– 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Juice from two small limes
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour taco seasoning, salsa, lime juice and cilantro over the chicken.
Cover the crockpot with a lid and cook for four hours on high or six to seven hours on low.
Remove lid, take two forks and shred chicken.
Serve in soft or hard taco shells and top with your favorite toppings (shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.) Enjoy!