- Thursday night, Sept. 30, 8 p.m.: Bill Plympton and Signe Baumane’s “BATTLE OF THE SEXES”: ABOVE 18 ONLY program, screening at the Woodstock Town Hall. Animiators and Woodstock Film Festival Animation Programmers Plympton and Baumane will square off toe-to-toe by showing funny and sexy animated cartoons in a 5-round match to discover which gender makes the hottest cartoons. And the audience gets to decide who is sexiest.
- Friday, October 1 at 2 p.m.: “LENNON NYC,” by Michael Epstein will screen at the ROSENDALE Theater on for a special matinee price in celebration of John Lennon at 70.
- Thursday, September 30 at 6 p.m.: “PHIL OCHS: THERE BUT FOR FORTUNE,” by Kenneth Bowser will have an added screening at WOODSTOCK Town Hall
To see more, visit woodstockfilmfestival.com
This Week at The Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art:
- Saturday, October 2, 12-3 pm: Hudson Valley Artists 2010 performance: Marcy B. Freedman’s The Go-Between
- Sunday, October 3, 2 pm: First Sunday Free Gallery Tour with guest educator Kevin Cook
To see more, visit the official Samuel Dorsky site
This Week at the School of Fine & Performing Arts
Thursday, Sept. 30 – Nov. 14: Performance: Thomas Albrecht, News/Print: Thomas Albrecht addresses the vulnerability of the human body – particularly the male body – through ephemeral works that may include elements of drawing, painting, video and performance. His daily performance at the museum is meditative, repetitive, and cumulative. Albrecht, a member of the SUNY New Paltz faculty has exhibited and performed in Washington, Illinois, Michigan, Baltimore, Rhode Island, New York and the Czech Republic.