For some, fall is a time of comfort. A time for family, friends and significant others. For some, it is a time when they feel loved, accepted and carefree. But for many that is not the case.
Along with the change in season comes a change in self. As summer comes to a close and the new season begins, we ask ourselves: why is this time in my life not as I imagined? Why am I not experiencing life as joyfully as others? Why do I yearn for things I seemingly can never have? Why am I not feeling as valued or as cared for as I feel I deserve? Fall is a time of melancholy for many different reasons.
This playlist is for those who do not welcome the change in season with warmth, but rather with cynicism and longing.
- All I Want – Kodaline
- Lover, You Should’ve Come Over – Jeff Buckley
- Wait By the River – Lord Huron
- Liability – Lorde
- Work Song – Hozier
- Hunger – Ross Copperman
- Not Strong Enough – boygenius
- The Other Woman – Lana Del Rey
- Lonesome and Mad – Under The Rug, Ariel Posen
- Waiting Room – Phoebe Bridgers